How to prevent a narcissist from taking his anger out on you
1. Always agree with everything that your narcissist tells you, and tell them what a great idea it is. They hate it when you disagree with them, or worse- when you actually have your own opinion about something. In order to keep their outbursts at bay, always agree. Even if it sounds like an absolute load of BS; remember, agree, agree, agree. If you smile a bit while agreeing, it will make it that much more believable.
2. Do not have your own opinion about anything. Narcissists like their victims to be a part of them, a mere extension of themselves. In order to get along well with the narcissist, you need to think like them and act like them. If you don't, you're violating the narcissist's code of ethics, and you will feel their wrath because of it. If you have your own convictions or beliefs about anything, now is the time to get rid of them, because your narcissist won't approve.
3. Do not offer any type of emotional depth or intimacy. Narcissists are terrified of intimacy; of getting close to someone, of having any type of real feelings other than rage. Remember, the less feelings you show, the happier you will be. Be sure to not accuse the Narcissist of having any "deep" feelings, either, or you will threaten their magic bubble and infuriate them.
4. Don't use the "W" word. If you tell the narcissist that they might be wrong about anything, you will bruise their fragile childish ego and you shall be punished. You see, narcissists are never wrong; they're always right, one way or another, one hundred percent of the time. You have no right to tell them otherwise. They will run you over like a bulldozer if you even threaten their fantasy.
5. Last but not least, be willing to accept any type of treatment that the narcissist dishes out to you. Be it violence, put downs, condescending talk or blaming you for the color of the sky you have to be ready, willing and able to accept it. That's part of your job description when you're in a relationship with a narcissist. Think you can handle it?