CC33

    Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Share

    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-02-18
    Posts: 10697
    Rep: 312

    default Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by RedBedroom on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 am

    In high school, I wrote anything anyone wanted in exchange for Math assistance. In my tiny school the trade equated to a term paper or book report for cheating off their Geometry or Algebra.

    It wasn't an honest thing, but it worked at the time.

    Post-high school, I did not do such a thing. That said, I would have written term papers for money.

    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-11-17
    Posts: 25877
    Rep: 252

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by Cheaps on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:15 am

    And where were you when I was in high school Red? CHEAPS

    I probably would have forked over some $$$




    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by Nystyle709 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:21 am

    Nope.



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-02-18
    Posts: 10697
    Rep: 312

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by RedBedroom on Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm

    Cheaps wrote:And where were you when I was in high school Red? CHEAPS

    I probably would have forked over some $$$

    Damn, we both missed out! LOL

    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date: 2011-07-10
    Location: South Jersey---yes we are a different state
    Posts: 3913
    Rep: 87

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by wants2laugh on Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm

    Many of my co-workers are in college... and due to our hours/overtime, we often do not have the time to write such things.

    I often take pay for research papers. On any subject, and my rate is $100 for a C, $200 for a B, and $300 for an A. Most of these papers are over 10 pages... and i do not charge by the page. I have had many friends tell me that after paying $400 for the class, then another $100 for the books... it is well worth it to pay me fees when they are in jeopardy of having to take the course over. Often, it is in courses that are required for their degree, but not necessarily going to help it. Why does a nursing student need to write a "How has Music defined society" paper?

    Ive made some really good money over the years... even with subjects i have known nothing about... it is really easy to equate almost any subject with history--- for which i have a degree




    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by Nystyle709 on Sun May 27, 2012 10:13 am

    wants2laugh wrote:Many of my co-workers are in college... and due to our hours/overtime, we often do not have the time to write such things.

    I often take pay for research papers. On any subject, and my rate is $100 for a C, $200 for a B, and $300 for an A. Most of these papers are over 10 pages... and i do not charge by the page. I have had many friends tell me that after paying $400 for the class, then another $100 for the books... it is well worth it to pay me fees when they are in jeopardy of having to take the course over. Often, it is in courses that are required for their degree, but not necessarily going to help it. Why does a nursing student need to write a "How has Music defined society" paper?

    Ive made some really good money over the years... even with subjects i have known nothing about... it is really easy to equate almost any subject with history--- for which i have a degree

    Hmm. I'll keep this in mind. My professor was pissing me off with all the papers she wanted us to write during the last semester. Granted, I always got an A on them....but because I was working, working OT and going to school, I was dead tired. I really didn't feel like doing all that damn research. Oh well, it's all my fault anyway. I should've finished this degree a long time ago.



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-02-18
    Posts: 10697
    Rep: 312

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by RedBedroom on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:21 am

    I would offer the service today if I wasn't too paranoid about being graded poorly. When in college, I think the best papers are written by those with a pulse on what a professor wants. Going to class is really the only way to know "how" to write an A paper for any professor.

    I did a scrapbook project for my stepdaughter years ago when she was in high school. It was for a life development type class and she was super busy with school and sports, so I did her scrapbook project for her. I worried it would get a C! As it turned out, she did tell the teacher she had help from her stepmom and the teacher asked to keep the scrapbook to show future classes.

    TheEnglishButterfly
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

    Female
    Join date: 2012-10-20
    Location: Golden, CO
    Posts: 88
    Rep: 0

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by TheEnglishButterfly on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am

    It's an old thread, but I wanted to put in my 85 cents Wink

    I have written papers for my sister and her nursing friends lots of times. They were so busy with nursing school and I am an English major... so she asked to trade something cool I wanted for her papers. Her friends paid me 25 bucks each paper I wrote for only 2 pages each paper. I wrote each one in seriously, like an hour or less. I didn't understand some of the shit I was writing about but I am REALLY good at being able to BS my way through it. Got 100% on each one. But my sister made a mistake and told her one friend that I'd do her paper, and said 25$. She didnt know that her friend meant the FINAL paper, which was about 15 pages long. The ONLY reason I did it for the 25 was because I loved the subject and knew a lot and didn't need to do too much bs'ing or researching. I told her though, "next time, let me do the price quote!"

    But speaking of... I had a student that turned in a paper and they took the entire paper off a website, word for word. We allowed him to redo it, but we had to laugh at how he didn't even try to change it.

    Another student tried to put in his own words, but didn't take out the special characters that were inserted into the paper when he copied and pasted it from the site he was on. That made me laugh too.


    Did any of you used to BS about shit in papers? My History teacher in middle school never read our papers. Like, EVER. He just cared about the first and last paragraph and made sure it was of the right length. Once we found this out we would literally have our papers look like "There are some people who argue that the gas chambers in World War 2 were a farce and that Jews, in fact, were never meant to be exterminated. They have blatant disregard about evidence such as gas chambers, first-hand accounts of interment camps, and Mr. Brockmann if you are reading this I owe you a dollar. I don't want to write this so I will just throw in some words like Nazi's and Jew's and Heil Hitler, hi ho, hi hoe, it's off to heil Hitler we go. We go into History class and learn nothing hi ho, hi ho, oh wouldn't you weep to know! It is a saddening fact that citizens across the world disregard such evidence of the turmoil the Jews received in World War Two."

    Shit like that. For the entire year we bullshitted our way because we knew he didn't read anything. Then right near the end of the year, he said "You need to write a 10 page paper explaining an element of history which has made an impact on you as a person and compare/contrast how American society views that same element of history" (something like that), and then he paused, smiled, looked at us all and said "And I WILL be reading these, some of you owe me a LOT of money from your past papers, therefore I will disregard the money owed if you write me a quality paper!" Turned around and started writing on the board again. Our English teacher tipped him off about the papers, so we had to actually write a paper without our BS'ing Wink

    He was a complete stoner though, great teacher, but didn't read our papers for shit!



    "The jaded ones will wither while the optimistic grow" - 311

    This is my beautiful daughter Lily, and my ex's son Wesley. I love my Lily, she's the reason I breathe. I love him dearly, miss him dearly, and that's all I have to say about that Smile



    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-09-27
    Location: Miami Beach
    Posts: 9703
    Rep: 219

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by Shale on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am

    I never read much in HS, just bullshitted my way thru book reports and made good grades at it. I did read one book "A Night to Remember" by Walter Lord because it was interesting, about the sinking of the Titanic. I gave an excellent book report and the teach barely gave me a C and accused me of watching the recently released movie (1958). Guess that was my first lesson in irony.

    Anyhow, as for writing for other ppl, I have never done it for pay just for the love of it. When my wife was going to school to be an RN, I did all of her college humanities stuff. This was in the '80s - no Google - I made trips to the library and looked thru microfisch files of news magazines for research. Got good grades too.

    In her English classes I did her reports on assigned books and my biggest worry was that her young gay male professor would suspect why a str8 black woman could have such insights on white gay writers and their books. But if he caught on he never mentioned it. Got A's.

    I did do one term paper for a guy working on his PhD and it too passed.




    If it's the right direction - swim upstream.


    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-02-18
    Posts: 10697
    Rep: 312

    default Re: Have you ever taken pay or trade for a term paper written by you?

    Post by RedBedroom on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 am

    TheEnglishButterfly wrote:It's an old thread, but I wanted to put in my 85 cents Wink

    I have written papers for my sister and her nursing friends lots of times. They were so busy with nursing school and I am an English major... so she asked to trade something cool I wanted for her papers. Her friends paid me 25 bucks each paper I wrote for only 2 pages each paper. I wrote each one in seriously, like an hour or less. I didn't understand some of the shit I was writing about but I am REALLY good at being able to BS my way through it. Got 100% on each one. But my sister made a mistake and told her one friend that I'd do her paper, and said 25$. She didnt know that her friend meant the FINAL paper, which was about 15 pages long. The ONLY reason I did it for the 25 was because I loved the subject and knew a lot and didn't need to do too much bs'ing or researching. I told her though, "next time, let me do the price quote!"

    But speaking of... I had a student that turned in a paper and they took the entire paper off a website, word for word. We allowed him to redo it, but we had to laugh at how he didn't even try to change it.

    Another student tried to put in his own words, but didn't take out the special characters that were inserted into the paper when he copied and pasted it from the site he was on. That made me laugh too.


    Did any of you used to BS about shit in papers? My History teacher in middle school never read our papers. Like, EVER. He just cared about the first and last paragraph and made sure it was of the right length. Once we found this out we would literally have our papers look like "There are some people who argue that the gas chambers in World War 2 were a farce and that Jews, in fact, were never meant to be exterminated. They have blatant disregard about evidence such as gas chambers, first-hand accounts of interment camps, and Mr. Brockmann if you are reading this I owe you a dollar. I don't want to write this so I will just throw in some words like Nazi's and Jew's and Heil Hitler, hi ho, hi hoe, it's off to heil Hitler we go. We go into History class and learn nothing hi ho, hi ho, oh wouldn't you weep to know! It is a saddening fact that citizens across the world disregard such evidence of the turmoil the Jews received in World War Two."

    Shit like that. For the entire year we bullshitted our way because we knew he didn't read anything. Then right near the end of the year, he said "You need to write a 10 page paper explaining an element of history which has made an impact on you as a person and compare/contrast how American society views that same element of history" (something like that), and then he paused, smiled, looked at us all and said "And I WILL be reading these, some of you owe me a LOT of money from your past papers, therefore I will disregard the money owed if you write me a quality paper!" Turned around and started writing on the board again. Our English teacher tipped him off about the papers, so we had to actually write a paper without our BS'ing Wink

    He was a complete stoner though, great teacher, but didn't read our papers for shit!

    OMG, your post totally reminds me of Sophomore English "Free Writes." I can't recall how often we had to turn them in, but they were free writing and he never read them, so my friend and I had a ball with it and wrote of some crazy shit we did. All true, but nothing a teacher would read without making a phone call home. Gosh, I totally had forgotten about those!

      Current date/time is Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm