CC33

Speedos 5 5 1

    Speedos

    Share

    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:52 pm

    RYAN LOCHTE




    You know, after watching the Olympics and hearing all about the Olympic stars bios, something occurred to me. Ryan Lochte is apparently this sex symbol guy who struts around in a speedo all the goddamn time! And yet, the ladies seem to love him. This all got me thinking back to this bullshit thread where damn near everyone claimed they hated speedos. Once again, my bullshit sensor never fails! If speedos were really that bad, then this guy would be considered to be a very un-sexy, laughing stock. And yet...

    http://www.irockon.com/2012/08/20/olympic-swimmer-ryan-lochte-celebrates-birthday-dressed-only-in-a-pink-speedo/
    http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/ryan-lochte-slips-into-skimpy-speedo-at-las-vegas-pool-party/

    So apparently if you are a famous, gold medal winning swimmer, it's all peaches and gravy to rock a speedo (even if it's PINK). But if you're just a regular guy all of a sudden speedos become relegated to the status of "fashion faux paux". What a comical world we live in!



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-08-14
    Location: New York City - NoHo/East Village
    Posts: 915
    Rep: 37

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by tmontyb on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 pm

    captainbryce wrote:

    So apparently if you are a famous, gold medal winning swimmer, it's all peaches and gravy to rock a speedo (even if it's PINK). But if you're just a regular guy all of a sudden speedos become relegated to the status of "fashion faux paux". What a comical world we live in!

    Ha Ha. Yeah, but that's just way it goes. Personally, I pay it no mind.



    "You never can win anything without using your best cards. Bigots throw out enough cards that it is easy to justify racism. Bigots always betray themselves by their words." - Marbleann

    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Nystyle709 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:37 pm

    captainbryce wrote:

    You know, after watching the Olympics and hearing all about the Olympic stars bios, something occurred to me. Ryan Lochte is apparently this sex symbol guy who struts around in a speedo all the goddamn time! And yet, the ladies seem to love him. This all got me thinking back to this bullshit thread where damn near everyone claimed they hated speedos. Once again, my bullshit sensor never fails! If speedos were really that bad, then this guy would be considered to be a very un-sexy, laughing stock. And yet...

    LOL. You are hilarious. As I recall in the same thread, weren't you the one trying to discredit someone's opinion by saying they shouldn't speak for everyone? So why are you doing the same here? He prob. still is considered very un-sexy by the people who don't like speedos. What makes you think he's not? Over few pictures and some internet comments? LOL. Your bullshit sensor is just that.

    So apparently if you are a famous, gold medal winning swimmer, it's all peaches and gravy to rock a speedo (even if it's PINK). But if you're just a regular guy all of a sudden speedos become relegated to the status of "fashion faux paux". What a comical world we live in!

    I like Ryan Lochte. But speedos still suck. And HOT PINK speedos on top of that? Major fail Ryan....just like that ice grill he be trying to rock. Try again. Smile



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:56 pm

    Nystyle709 wrote:LOL. You are hilarious.
    Thank you. big grin

    Nystyle709 wrote:As I recall in the same thread, weren't you the one trying to discredit someone's opinion by saying they shouldn't speak for everyone?
    Um...actually NO, I NEVER tried to discredit anyone's opinion, EVER. I never suggested that your opinion was in any way "wrong" because you don't like speedos. I in fact staunchly defended everyone's right to offer their opinion on this thread AFTER you aggressively attacked someone elses. You recall very poorly because the first generalization I ever made on this thread regarding most American women was that "It seems clear that the girlies don't like them for some reason though." To which you had nothing to say, in fact you seemed to endorse, agree with and even augment later when you applied that generalization to ALL women EVERYWHERE. And the only reason I suggested to you that maybe you should hold back on your own generalizations is because you ATTACKED Shale for offering his opinion. Actually, "went ape shit" over his opinion is more like it. Perhaps you should go back and read the first page of this thread again because I honestly think you "forgot" more than you "recall".

    Nystyle709 wrote:So why are you doing the same here? He prob. still is considered very un-sexy by the people who don't like speedos. What makes you think he's not?
    You're right, maybe he IS considered un-sexy to SOME people (like you). Maybe even the majority of American women find him un-sexy (although somehow I doubt it). But judging from most of the websites that carry stories like this and the comments from the female admirers, I'm guessing that the majority of the people looking at the photos approve. Which is why it's kind of difficult for me to accept your opinion (that women in general don't like speedos) as all inclusive. The evidence seems to suggest that many women do indeed like speedos on certain guys (ie:good looking, rich and famous guys) and hate them on others (ie: everyone else). At this point in time, I'm willing to admit (based on the obvious) that my initial generalization was in fact WRONG. Are you?

    Don't answer that, it was rhetorical. Pretty sure we already know the answer to that one. Wink

    Nystyle709 wrote:I like Ryan Lochte. But speedos still suck. And HOT PINK speedos on top of that? Major fail Ryan....just like that ice grill he be trying to rock. Try again. Smile
    Fair enough, but this offering doesn't really justify many of the comments you made. I generally respect your opinions on any given topic, but at the end of the day, on THIS particular thread you pretty much acted like a giant douchebag, then tried to defend your douchebaggery with strawman arguments! Just saying...

    For the record, I happen to agree with you that Ryan Lochte looks like a retard in a pink speedo!



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-09-27
    Location: Miami Beach
    Posts: 9703
    Rep: 219

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Shale on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:18 am

    captainbryce wrote: ...For the record, I happen to agree with you that Ryan Lochte looks like a retard in a pink speedo!
    I kinda like his pink Speedo. Pink works well with light skin ppl with blond hair and blue eyes - whether male or female.

    We just have this associative thing in our culture where boys wear blue and girls wear pink. They do have pink dress shirts for men and I have seen them worn (can't assume they are all gay men) so maybe that is breaking down.

    That young swimmer may be on the cutting edge of fashion - or he is confident enuf to wear pink.





    If it's the right direction - swim upstream.


    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date: 2011-03-01
    Location: BC, Canada
    Posts: 1529
    Rep: 85

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Suzi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 am

    I'd rather see a man naked than in a speedo.



    There is no place in a civilized society for guns.
    Deepak Chopra

    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-09-27
    Location: Miami Beach
    Posts: 9703
    Rep: 219

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Shale on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 am

    Suzi wrote:I'd rather see a man naked than in a speedo.
    I'd rather be naked than in a Speedo.

    In fact, my av pic was just a foto shoot. It was taken at the nude beach and I have that same pose bare but also this one with the Bikini for posting on other than nude sites.




    If it's the right direction - swim upstream.


    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date: 2011-03-01
    Location: BC, Canada
    Posts: 1529
    Rep: 85

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Suzi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:08 am

    I think the reason women don' like speedo's is that there is something about them that is smarmy. The same guy nude would look more manly.



    There is no place in a civilized society for guns.
    Deepak Chopra

    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Nystyle709 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:17 am

    captainbryce wrote:Thank you.

    You're welcome.

    Um...actually NO, I NEVER tried to discredit anyone's opinion, EVER. I never suggested that your opinion was in any way "wrong" because you don't like speedos. I in fact staunchly defended everyone's right to offer their opinion on this thread AFTER you aggressively attacked someone elses. You recall very poorly because the first generalization I ever made on this thread regarding most American women was that "It seems clear that the girlies don't like them for some reason though." To which you had nothing to say, in fact you seemed to endorse, agree with and even augment later when you applied that generalization to ALL women EVERYWHERE.

    Ya know, I might be able accept this........IF I hadn't seen you do the EXACT SAME THING yourself. I've seen you generalize statements in order to make a point when it favors your argument, that grown ass man that you're subsequently trying to "defend" on here, I've seen him do the same thing as well, as well as everybody else who post on this forum. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and know that you are smart enough to realize that when people make statements that seemingly "generalize" an opinion or a point, it goes without saying that it's obvious that he/she doesn't mean everybody or everything. We know there are exceptions to the rule. That doesn't need to be said, so that's why when I make statements, I don't say "but there are exceptions to this statement" or clarify it because I assume you already know. Which I'm starting to see is foolish of me. Can't give people the benefit of the doubt anymore.


    And the only reason I suggested to you that maybe you should hold back on your own generalizations is because you ATTACKED Shale for offering his opinion. Actually, "went ape shit" over his opinion is more like it. Perhaps you should go back and read the first page of this thread again because I honestly think you "forgot" more than you "recall".

    Oh I did? Well, I don't think I went "ape shit" over anything (say some foul shit about Bob Marley if you wanna see ape shit), but if you've picked up my general disdain for that certain poster, then you are spot on. I really can't argue with you on that one.


    You're right, maybe he IS considered un-sexy to SOME people (like you). Maybe even the majority of American women find him un-sexy (although somehow I doubt it). But judging from most of the websites that carry stories like this and the comments from the female admirers, I'm guessing that the majority of the people looking at the photos approve.

    You're generalizing again....same thing you accused me of doing. You don't have an account or numbers of how many people who actually saw the photos approve. Did you even factor in the fact that there could be more people who saw the photos and didn't comment or chose not to make a negative comment vs the people that did and chose to make a positive comment? Ryan Lochte is a cute guy. Perhaps they're looking past those ridiculous speedos. I am. Smile

    Which is why it's kind of difficult for me to accept your opinion (that women in general don't like speedos) as all inclusive.

    Man, you don't need to tell me that there are women or people who disagree with me. I KNOW that. You don't have to accept my opinion as fact. You "trying" to call somebody out for something you do all the time is hypocrisy. It is you who likes to be anal and ornery. I hate to say it, but it seems to be apart of your personality. Why must you over analyze everything? I've seen you do this on countless other threads. Seriously, I want to know. And don't let anybody disagree with you. It's like WW3. Smile

    The evidence seems to suggest that many women do indeed like speedos on certain guys (ie:good looking, rich and famous guys) and hate them on others (ie: everyone else). At this point in time, I'm willing to admit (based on the obvious) that my initial generalization was in fact WRONG.

    Well, I'm glad to hear that.

    Are you?


    Don't answer that, it was rhetorical. Pretty sure we already know the answer to that one. Wink

    What's the answer? LOL.

    Fair enough, but this offering doesn't really justify many of the comments you made. I generally respect your opinions on any given topic, but at the end of the day, on THIS particular thread you pretty much acted like a giant douchebag, then tried to defend your douchebaggery with strawman arguments! Just saying...

    Oh dear. IYSS man. LOL.


    For the record, I happen to agree with you that Ryan Lochte looks like a retard in a pink speedo!




    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-02-18
    Posts: 10697
    Rep: 312

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by RedBedroom on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 am

    I don't think Speedos have anything to do with America's crush on Lochte. Phelps is not an attractive guy (in my opinion) but America treated him the same damn way four years ago. People love the "golden boy." After each Olympic season, there is a girl and a boy who stand out. This year it's seeming to be Lochte and that cute little Gabby, the gymnast.

    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-11-17
    Posts: 25877
    Rep: 252

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Cheaps on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 am

    Chris wrote:

    Do you find speedos attractive?

    No, please put on some trunks.


    And I'm one who doesn't find Ryan Lochte attractive, so speedos or no speedos, I see no sexiness.

    Who is that other white boy Olympian? The runner, now he's pretty fly for a white guy.




    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 pm

    Nystyle709 wrote:
    Ya know, I might be able accept this........IF I hadn't seen you do the EXACT SAME THING yourself. I've seen you generalize statements in order to make a point when it favors your argument, that grown ass man that you're subsequently trying to "defend" on here, I've seen him do the same thing as well, as well as everybody else who post on this forum.
    You've never seen me attempt to speak on behalf of an entire group of people. Whenever I make generalizations, I make it completely obvious that it's only a generalization and I make some attempt to justify it. If/When proven wrong, I immediately withdraw the generalization. You seem to do NEITHER of those things! You never acknowledge that you are generalizing at all until someone calls you out on it (like in this thread). You simply carry on the facade that you speak on behalf of all women, that your opinion represents the majority, and then you criticize other people when they suggest otherwise, and proceed to accuse them of attacking your opinion. You've never seen me do ANY of those things.

    Nystyle709 wrote:I will give you the benefit of the doubt and know that you are smart enough to realize that when people make statements that seemingly "generalize" an opinion or a point, it goes without saying that it's obvious that he/she doesn't mean everybody or everything. We know there are exceptions to the rule.
    And yet, when people point out such exceptions to YOU, you tend to ignore them. Therefore I cannot give you nor anyone else here the benefit of such a doubt. You have proven that I must always spell out my generalizations and defend the logic of such a generalization or my opinion will be attacked. I think it's only fair that you should expect that in return, no?

    Nystyle709 wrote:Oh I did? Well, I don't think I went "ape shit" over anything
    But you did. First page, second paragraph: "You always gotta find a fucking way to accuse people of...."

    Translation: GOING APE SHIT!

    Nystyle709 wrote:You're right, maybe he IS considered un-sexy to SOME people (like you). Maybe even the majority of American women find him un-sexy (although somehow I doubt it). But judging from most of the websites that carry stories like this and the comments from the female admirers, I'm guessing that the majority of the people looking at the photos approve.

    You're generalizing again....same thing you accused me of doing.
    The difference between us is that I'm making an observation based on evidence, while simultaneously acknowledging that it is a generalization. Using the word majority does several things here:

    A) it openly acknowledges that I am generalizing
    B) it referred specifically to the women commenting on the photos
    C) it allows for exceptions to what is 'generally' observed in the comments

    That's not remotely the same thing as saying "women don't like speedos". eye roll

    Nystyle709 wrote:You don't have an account or numbers of how many people who actually saw the photos approve.
    I DON'T HAVE TO. I only have to have an account or numbers of how many people COMMENTED ON THE PHOTOS, and what most of the comments said! It's called deductive reasoning.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductive_reasoning

    Nystyle709 wrote:Did you even factor in the fact that there could be more people who saw the photos and didn't comment or chose not to make a negative comment vs the people that did and chose to make a positive comment? Ryan Lochte is a cute guy. Perhaps they're looking past those ridiculous speedos. I am.
    No, I didn't factor that in because doing so would be illogical and require ignoring deductive logic. I cannot factor in an "unknown" element. I can only factor in observable evidence. The most logical assumption is that the majority of the comments would reflect the majority of opinions regarding the photos. Some of the comments were negative, while the majority were positive. There is no logic to assuming that the people who would write positive comments would be more likely to comment than the people who would have a negative opinion. Therefore, there is no logic in factoring that unknown in when making a general observation. Is it POSSIBLE that most women who saw the photos had a negative opinion about Ryan Lochte in a speedo. Sure! But drawing a conclusion using deductive reasoning isn't based on what is "possible", it's based on what is observed. Yes, my generalization could be wrong. But the evidence seems to support it!

    Nystyle709 wrote:Man, you don't need to tell me that there are women or people who disagree with me. I KNOW that. You don't have to accept my opinion as fact. You "trying" to call somebody out for something you do all the time is hypocrisy.
    But I don't actually do what you're claiming I do all the time, therefore it's NOT hypocrisy. big grin



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-09-03
    Location: 40º44’18.33”N 73º58’31.82”W
    Posts: 25793
    Rep: 381

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Alan Smithee on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 pm

    Chris wrote:Do you find speedos attractive?

    I like them just fine. Not all Speedos are thongs Shrugs (Oh well…)


    And not all women who wear bathing suits are super models...


    ...not all men either




    My nephew Tony's little brother and me...


    "The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong -- but that's the way to bet."

    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

    Nystyle709 wrote:It is you who likes to be anal and ornery. I hate to say it, but it seems to be apart of your personality. Why must you over analyze everything? I've seen you do this on countless other threads. Seriously, I want to know. And don't let anybody disagree with you. It's like WW3.
    I don't mind it at all when people disagree with me. Actually, I welcome it because I enjoy open and honest debate as long as its kept civil. There is nothing wrong with disagreements and not every disagreement has to lead to a fight. Some people have the ability to "agree to disagree" and others get emotional, aggressive, vulgar and insulting when you disagree with them. You never know how someone is going to react in a debate until you start debating them.

    It's when people start getting emotional and aggressive when you disagree with them that I respond in kind. I also seem to have a low tolerance for when people continue to defend a position that is clearly WRONG and pretend that as long as they continue arguing, it will somehow make them RIGHT in the long run. When people can't admit to being wrong when they clearly are, that's when I usually make it my mission to embarrass them and make them look like a fool. Because it's fun! big grin

    You see, you're half right about me. Normally, I'm nice and easygoing (whether people are agreeing with my opinion or not). But when they become the "aggressor" in the discussion, that's when I start turning into a dick. I do become anal and I do make a habit of over-analyzing what they say, because at that point it's deserved. People who start off as aggressors in a conversation or debate, SHOULD be forced to engage in critical thinking and really think about what they are saying before saying it. When they inevitably fail, they should be made to look the fool. I think it's a good lesson for folks and keeps people in check. That's my philosophy anyway. Maybe it's "wrong", but it happens to be what I do. blushing



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Nystyle709 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 pm

    captainbryce wrote:You've never seen me attempt to speak on behalf of an entire group of people.

    YES, I have. You've done is several times. You even acknowledged it. I think it was the thread about young boys wanting to have sex with older women or something to that effect. I would go back and look for the thread, but I don't have the energy.


    Whenever I make generalizations, I make it completely obvious that it's only a generalization and I make some attempt to justify it.

    Isn't this what you said I'm doing? So if I'm making baseless generalizations and I'm attempting to "justify" them, how come you can do it, but I can't?

    I DON'T HAVE TO. I only have to have an account or numbers of how many people COMMENTED ON THE PHOTOS, and what most of the comments said! It's called deductive reasoning.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductive_reasoning

    No, I didn't factor that in because doing so would be illogical and require ignoring deductive logic. I cannot factor in an "unknown" element. I can only factor in observable evidence. The most logical assumption is that the majority of the comments would reflect the majority of opinions regarding the photos. Some of the comments were negative, while the majority were positive. There is no logic to assuming that the people who would write positive comments would be more likely to comment than the people who would have a negative opinion. Therefore, there is no logic in factoring that unknown in when making a general observation. Is it POSSIBLE that most women who saw the photos had a negative opinion about Ryan Lochte in a speedo. Sure! But drawing a conclusion using deductive reasoning isn't based on what is "possible", it's based on what is observed. Yes, my generalization could be wrong. But the evidence seems to support it!

    Evidence? What evidence?! A fucking internet blog/magazine/pictures that has a few chicks commenting that Lochte is hot in his pink speedos?! That just solidifies everything right? Oh dear. Deductive reasoning? You're making me laugh dear. You decide to bring back up this dead ass topic and then want to be technical with a bullshit debate about something as trivial as speedos.
    It's not that serious love. BTW, you didn't answer my question. Why must you over analyze everything?

    But I don't actually do what you're claiming I do all the time, therefore it's NOT hypocrisy.

    And I don't do any of the gibberish that you claim I do. So now what?



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Nystyle709 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:06 pm

    [quote="captainbryce"]I don't mind it at all when people disagree with me. Actually, I welcome it because I enjoy open and honest debate as long as its kept civil. There is nothing wrong with disagreements and not every disagreement has to lead to a fight. Some people have the ability to "agree to disagree" and others get emotional, aggressive, vulgar and insulting when you disagree with them. You never know how someone is going to react in a debate until you start debating them.

    If you don't know a person, you don't know when they are emotional and aggressive. You don't know me. That's what you perceived and it's wrong.

    It's when people start getting emotional and aggressive when you disagree with them that I respond in kind. I also seem to have a low tolerance for when people continue to defend a position that is clearly WRONG and pretend that as long as they continue arguing, it will somehow make them RIGHT in the long run. When people can't admit to being wrong when they clearly are, that's when I usually make it my mission to embarrass them and make them look like a fool. Because it's fun!

    I would like for you to tell me what makes you the grand puba of knowing what's wrong and what's right. Better yet, who's right and who's wrong. Please, Mr. High and Mighty, tell me what makes YOU an expert on public debate or on any topic for that matter. What I was taught, an opinion is neither right nor wrong. You claim you you respect other people opinions, but when someone disagrees with you, you do not like it. What do you call getting emotional and aggressive? Because I curse? You think I "insult" people or attack people because I curse? My personality is quite saucy. In real life as well. I just like cursing. It's obvious we have different ideas about it. Would you prefer that I not swear? Know what love.....for YOU, I will try. It's farfetched, but I'll try. Smile

    You see, you're half right about me. Normally, I'm nice and easygoing (whether people are agreeing with my opinion or not). But when they become the "aggressor" in the discussion, that's when I start turning into a dick. I do become anal and I do make a habit of over-analyzing what they say, because at that point it's deserved. People who start off as aggressors in a conversation or debate, SHOULD be forced to engage in critical thinking and really think about what they are saying before saying it. When they inevitably fail, they should be made to look the fool. I think it's a good lesson for folks and keeps people in check. That's my philosophy anyway. Maybe it's "wrong", but it happens to be what I do. [/quote

    LOL, if I'm half-right about you, you are less than that about me. First of all, you are thinking way to highly of yourself. YOU, my dear...don't make anyone on here look like a fool and you keep no one in check. Not even FM. You just think you do because the majority of the forum (and that's only the people who post regularly, lol) agrees with what you say (most of the time). Contrary to what you think, you do not know everything. You don't know every fucking thing. And I really wish you would stop acting like you do. But......I know that's wishful thinking. All I can say is, I will continue to disagree with you, if I do, and I will continue to be my usual self. That's a promise.



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-11-17
    Posts: 25877
    Rep: 252

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Cheaps on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 pm





    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-09-27
    Location: Miami Beach
    Posts: 9703
    Rep: 219

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Shale on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 pm

    captainbryce wrote: I don't mind it at all when people disagree with me. Actually, I welcome it because I enjoy open and honest debate as long as its kept civil. There is nothing wrong with disagreements and not every disagreement has to lead to a fight. Some people have the ability to "agree to disagree" and others get emotional, aggressive, vulgar and insulting when you disagree with them. You never know how someone is going to react in a debate until you start debating them.

    It's when people start getting emotional and aggressive when you disagree with them that I respond in kind. I also seem to have a low tolerance for when people continue to defend a position that is clearly WRONG and pretend that as long as they continue arguing, it will somehow make them RIGHT in the long run. When people can't admit to being wrong when they clearly are, that's when I usually make it my mission to embarrass them and make them look like a fool. Because it's fun! big grin

    You see, you're half right about me. Normally, I'm nice and easygoing (whether people are agreeing with my opinion or not). But when they become the "aggressor" in the discussion, that's when I start turning into a dick. I do become anal and I do make a habit of over-analyzing what they say, because at that point it's deserved. People who start off as aggressors in a conversation or debate, SHOULD be forced to engage in critical thinking and really think about what they are saying before saying it. When they inevitably fail, they should be made to look the fool. I think it's a good lesson for folks and keeps people in check. That's my philosophy anyway. Maybe it's "wrong", but it happens to be what I do. blushing

    RIGHT ON!




    If it's the right direction - swim upstream.


    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-02-18
    Posts: 10697
    Rep: 312

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by RedBedroom on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:38 am

    I won't get knee-deep in this debate, but for stating people comment favorably most of the time on social networking sites. So, when a photo garners an abundance of favorable comments, said photo is being relished by fans. Yea, a negative will pop up. But IN GENERAL...GENERAL=majority.....people comment with complimentary comments. If they harbor disdain for the public figure, they stay mum...IN GENERAL.

    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 pm

    RedBedroom wrote:I won't get knee-deep in this debate, but for stating people comment favorably most of the time on social networking sites.
    Yeah, but I'm not talking about social networking sites, I'm talking about any site that allows people to comment on a story, like "yahoo news" or "entertainment weekly". Neutral sites that don't really have "fan pages" where you can "like" the person being talked about.

    RedBedroom wrote:So, when a photo garners an abundance of favorable comments, said photo is being relished by fans. Yea, a negative will pop up. But IN GENERAL...GENERAL=majority.....people comment with complimentary comments. If they harbor disdain for the public figure, they stay mum...IN GENERAL.
    Is that based on anything 'factual' or is that just your opinion? Because I tend to notice that depending on the celebrity in question, they may end up with just as many (if not more) negative comments than positive ones, even if the article is favorable. Serena Williams, Kim Kardashian, Chris Brown were a few immediate examples I could think of and I could probably think of many more.



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm

    Nystyle709 wrote:You've never seen me attempt to speak on behalf of an entire group of people.


    YES, I have. You've done is several times. You even acknowledged it. I think it was the thread about young boys wanting to have sex with older women or something to that effect. I would go back and look for the thread, but I don't have the energy.
    Oh, well then let me help you:
    http://www.conversationchamber.com/t19322-people-who-say-a-boy-s-lucky-when-his-teacher-sleeps-with-him

    My quote:
    The fact of the matter is, most guys have been 12 year old boys before (and by most, I mean ALL) and MOST GUYS have at some point had a hot teacher they've wanted to hook up with when they were 12. That's not rocket science, it's biology and hormones.

    So again, I said "most" (indicating that it was a generalization) and I backed up my generalization with a bit of science (which NOBODY including yourself challenged) and the next three consecutive posters happened to agree with. I mean, if you'd like to challenge the logic of that particular generalization on that board, we can certainly go back and tackle that issue (although I suspect not). But the point is, I NEVER claimed to speak on behalf of ALL guys. I made it very clear that it was a generalization. embarassed


    Nystyle709 wrote:Whenever I make generalizations, I make it completely obvious that it's only a generalization and I make some attempt to justify it.

    Isn't this what you said I'm doing? So if I'm making baseless generalizations and I'm attempting to "justify" them, how come you can do it, but I can't?
    No, that's not what I said you're doing. Here's what I said (the part you left out):

    You seem to do NEITHER of those things! You never acknowledge that you are generalizing at all until someone calls you out on it (like in this thread). You simply carry on the facade that you speak on behalf of all women, that your opinion represents the majority, and then you criticize other people when they suggest otherwise, and proceed to accuse them of attacking your opinion. You've never seen me do ANY of those things.


    Nystyle709 wrote:Yes, my generalization could be wrong. But the evidence seems to support it!


    Evidence? What evidence?! A fucking internet blog/magazine/pictures that has a few chicks commenting that Lochte is hot in his pink speedos?! That just solidifies everything right?
    It solidifies the fact that I backed up my generalization using deductive reasoning. And my opinion based on such evidence (which is not limited to ONE 'fucking internet blog/magazine/pictures that has a few chicks commenting that Lochte is hot in his pink speedos') is that the generalization that "women" don't like speedos is comprehensively false, and ultimately dependent on many outside factors including culture and the person wearing the speedo. cool


    Nystyle709 wrote:Deductive reasoning? You're making me laugh dear. You decide to bring back up this dead ass topic and then want to be technical with a bullshit debate about something as trivial as speedos.
    Why is it being "technical" when I'm just making my case? I mean yeah, I guess "technically" I'm destroying your argument with logic, but pointing out the technical nature of my defense seems rather desperate. Logic is logic whether it's technical or simple. Damn near every topic on this forum is "trivial" in some way or another, including whether or not "Trey Songz and Terrance J look like twins"! But that doesn't stop you from engaging in those trivial conversations, so why is the trivial nature of a debate on the popularity of "speedos" all of a sudden relevant?
    eye roll


    Nystyle709 wrote:BTW, you didn't answer my question. Why must you over analyze everything?
    But I did answer that! See below:


    Nystyle709 wrote:But I don't actually do what you're claiming I do all the time, therefore it's NOT hypocrisy.

    And I don't do any of the gibberish that you claim I do. So now what?
    I'm not sure. Maybe "I know you are but what am I"? Doesn't that fall within the same category of 'elementary' retorts? confused



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-04-11
    Location: California
    Posts: 2053
    Rep: 127

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by captainbryce on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm

    Nystyle709 wrote:If you don't know a person, you don't know when they are emotional and aggressive. You don't know me. That's what you perceived and it's wrong.
    Well, I'll concede that I don't actually know you and you're right in that I couldn't possibly gauge your emotional state online. However, I can determine whether or not your responses are "aggressive" based on the the words you use and the tone that you convey. Your second comment on this thread was highly aggressive towards Shale (something that until now you've never attempted to deny) and MANY of your comments towards me seem aggressive (although I don't take things personally). big grin


    Nystyle709 wrote:I would like for you to tell me what makes you the grand puba of knowing what's wrong and what's right. Better yet, who's right and who's wrong. Please, Mr. High and Mighty, tell me what makes YOU an expert on public debate or on any topic for that matter. What I was taught, an opinion is neither right nor wrong.
    Well, you were taught wrong because some opinions ARE in fact WRONG. For example: the opinion that 'it's okay to murder your wife if she commits adultery' is WRONG. Legally, ethically, morally, philosophically and on just about every other level possible, that is a WRONG opinion. It doesn't become 'not wrong' anymore just because it's someone's opinion. Now granted that's only one, extreme example and in most cases you are correct. Most opinions are neither right nor wrong because they are subjective judgement's based on an individual's perspective. But that doesn't mean that all opinion's make sense, or can be justified using logic. Some opinions are just plain stupid and based on ignorance. And if/when they can't be justified by the person sharing said opinion, I usually try to expose the stupidity of it. I can't prove their opinion "wrong", but I can certainly make someone who clings to such an opinion because they're just stubborn look rather stupid!


    Nystyle709 wrote:You claim you you respect other people opinions, but when someone disagrees with you, you do not like it.
    You're wrong. I DO like it when people disagree with me. It gives me the chance to engage in exchanges like this. I never made the claim that I'm always right. Sometimes I'm wrong and other people can school me on something that I either didn't know of hadn't considered before. And I enjoy being proven wrong almost as much as I enjoy proving other people wrong, because I learn something new. I do respect other people's opinions even if I disagree with them (as long as they make some attempt to justify their opinion logically).


    Nystyle709 wrote:What do you call getting emotional and aggressive? Because I curse? You think I "insult" people or attack people because I curse? My personality is quite saucy. In real life as well. I just like cursing. It's obvious we have different ideas about it. Would you prefer that I not swear? Know what love.....for YOU, I will try. It's farfetched, but I'll try. Smile
    Well for one thing, you've already admitted to having some type of disdain for Shale. So at this point its a bit disingenuous to suggest that your first reply to him was something other than an emotionally charged, aggressive attack. Just sayin...

    Regarding your personality, I actually LIKE your personality just the way it is. big hugz

    And no, I don't mind swearing at all. I just think when someone swears AT somebody else multiples times, it's kind of difficult for me to believe that they were NOT trying to be aggressive. But maybe my perception is off here and I'm just "over-analyzing" again. big grin


    Nystyle709 wrote:LOL, if I'm half-right about you, you are less than that about me. First of all, you are thinking way to highly of yourself. YOU, my dear...don't make anyone on here look like a fool and you keep no one in check. Not even FM. You just think you do because the majority of the forum (and that's only the people who post regularly, lol) agrees with what you say (most of the time). Contrary to what you think, you do not know everything. You don't know every fucking thing. And I really wish you would stop acting like you do.
    But I don't think I know EVERYTHING. I just think I know more than most other people here on the topics that I choose to reply on, because I'm arrogant, a bit conceited and a little too smart for my own good. smug

    But in all fairness, that's a personality fault that I freely admit to having and I usually stay out of the topics where I know I'm ignorant on.


    Nystyle709 wrote:But......I know that's wishful thinking.
    Probably. Hey, nobody's perfect! Shrugs (Oh well…)


    Nystyle709 wrote:All I can say is, I will continue to disagree with you, if I do, and I will continue to be my usual self. That's a promise.
    I wouldn't ask anything less of you. bear hug

    I think you're right in that this thread is pretty much dead at this point. So you can go ahead and have the last word now. I'll see you on another thread. Ciao! hi there!



    All generalizations are FALSE, including this one! smug

    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

    Male
    Join date: 2010-09-27
    Location: Miami Beach
    Posts: 9703
    Rep: 219

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Shale on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:55 pm

    captainbryce wrote:...But I don't think I know EVERYTHING. I just think I know more than most other people here on the topics that I choose to reply on, because I'm arrogant, a bit conceited and a little too smart for my own good. smug

    But in all fairness, that's a personality fault that I freely admit to having and I usually stay out of the topics where I know I'm ignorant on.

    That in itself is very knowledgeable. More so than a lot of ppl who are content to argue unsubstantiated opinions full of sound and fury but in the end signifying nothing.




    If it's the right direction - swim upstream.


    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Nystyle709 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 pm

    captainbryce wrote:
    Oh, well then let me help you:
    http://www.conversationchamber.com/t19322-people-who-say-a-boy-s-lucky-when-his-teacher-sleeps-with-him

    My quote:
    The fact of the matter is, most guys have been 12 year old boys before (and by most, I mean ALL) and MOST GUYS have at some point had a hot teacher they've wanted to hook up with when they were 12. That's not rocket science, it's biology and hormones.

    So again, I said "most" (indicating that it was a generalization) and I backed up my generalization with a bit of science (which NOBODY including yourself challenged) and the next three consecutive posters happened to agree with. I mean, if you'd like to challenge the logic of that particular generalization on that board, we can certainly go back and tackle that issue (although I suspect not). But the point is, I NEVER claimed to speak on behalf of ALL guys. I made it very clear that it was a generalization.

    Well, actually....you're wrong again. This wasn't the thread I was speaking of. I replied to your comment with the very question I asked you here, and you had nothing to say.

    No, that's not what I said you're doing. Here's what I said (the part you left out):

    You seem to do NEITHER of those things! You never acknowledge that you are generalizing at all until someone calls you out on it (like in this thread). You simply carry on the facade that you speak on behalf of all women, that your opinion represents the majority, and then you criticize other people when they suggest otherwise, and proceed to accuse them of attacking your opinion. You've never seen me do ANY of those things.

    Read:

    I will give you the benefit of the doubt and know that you are
    smart enough to realize that when people make statements that seemingly
    "generalize" an opinion or a point, it goes without saying that it's
    obvious that he/she doesn't mean everybody or
    everything.
    We know there are exceptions to the rule. That doesn't need to be said,
    so that's why when I make statements, I don't say "but there are
    exceptions to this statement" or clarify it because I assume you already
    know.
    Which I'm starting to see is foolish of me. Can't give people the
    benefit of the doubt anymore.



    It solidifies the fact that I backed up my generalization using deductive reasoning. And my opinion based on such evidence (which is not limited to ONE 'fucking internet blog/magazine/pictures that has a few chicks commenting that Lochte is hot in his pink speedos') is that the generalization that "women" don't like speedos is comprehensively false, and ultimately dependent on many outside factors including culture and the person wearing the speedo. cool

    IYSS.

    Why is it being "technical" when I'm just making my case? I mean yeah, I guess "technically" I'm destroying your argument with logic, but pointing out the technical nature of my defense seems rather desperate. Logic is logic whether it's technical or simple. Damn near every topic on this forum is "trivial" in some way or another, including whether or not "Trey Songz and Terrance J look like twins"! But that doesn't stop you from engaging in those trivial conversations, so why is the trivial nature of a debate on the popularity of "speedos" all of a sudden relevant?


    We talk about trivial stuff all the time, but this particular trivial thread was done already. Why you bringing up old shit, and then want to argue to death about it again the process? It was already stupid and rehashing it again was even more stupid. Just sayin'.


    I'm not sure. Maybe "I know you are but what am I"? Doesn't that fall within the same category of 'elementary' retorts? confused

    Elementary or not, it's truth. cool



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date: 2010-03-16
    Location: New York
    Posts: 27032
    Rep: 339

    default Re: Speedos

    Post by Nystyle709 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:40 pm

    [quote="captainbryce"]Well, I'll concede that I don't actually know you and you're right in that I couldn't possibly gauge your emotional state online. However, I can determine whether or not your responses are "aggressive" based on the the words you use and the tone that you convey. Your second comment on this thread was highly aggressive towards Shale (something that until now you've never attempted to deny) and MANY of your comments towards me seem aggressive (although I don't take things personally).

    Well, to clarify for you....cursing doesn't make me aggressive. I said the word "fucking" when I replied to him and I said the word "fucking" when I replied to you. I didn't even say it numerous times in that post, nor does every word that comes out of my mouth when I respond to people (IRL or in text) is an expletive. Now if the word "fucking" is what you consider to be the epitome word of being "aggressive", then everybody else on here and in the world (according to you) shouldn't be so "fucking" aggressive.

    Well, you were taught wrong because some opinions ARE in fact WRONG. For example: the opinion that 'it's okay to murder your wife if she commits adultery' is WRONG. Legally, ethically, morally, philosophically and on just about every other level possible, that is a WRONG opinion. It doesn't become 'not wrong' anymore just because it's someone's opinion. Now granted that's only one, extreme example and in most cases you are correct.

    Well, extreme is the right word for. Because I think you know good and well that 'in most cases' is what I was referring to. Once again, benefit of the doubt fails me.

    Most opinions are neither right nor wrong because they are subjective judgement's based on an individual's perspective. But that doesn't mean that all opinion's make sense, or can be justified using logic. Some opinions are just plain stupid and based on ignorance. And if/when they can't be justified by the person sharing said opinion, I usually try to expose the stupidity of it. I can't prove their opinion "wrong", but I can certainly make someone who clings to such an opinion because they're just stubborn look rather stupid!

    Riiiight.

    You're wrong. I DO like it when people disagree with me. It gives me the chance to engage in exchanges like this. I never made the claim that I'm always right. Sometimes I'm wrong and other people can school me on something that I either didn't know of hadn't considered before. And I enjoy being proven wrong almost as much as I enjoy proving other people wrong, because I learn something new. I do respect other people's opinions even if I disagree with them (as long as they make some attempt to justify their opinion logically).

    IYSS. You won't even accept if when they do, so what's the point?

    Well for one thing, you've already admitted to having some type of disdain for Shale. So at this point its a bit disingenuous to suggest that your first reply to him was something other than an emotionally charged, aggressive attack. Just sayin...

    Well.....I don't like him. But I didn't attack him.

    Regarding your personality, I actually LIKE your personality just the way it is.



    And no, I don't mind swearing at all. I just think when someone swears AT somebody else multiples times, it's kind of difficult for me to believe that they were NOT trying to be aggressive. But maybe my perception is off here and I'm just "over-analyzing" again.

    You are. I'm gonna show you aggressive the next go round. Wink

    But I don't think I know EVERYTHING. I just think I know more than most other people here on the topics that I choose to reply on, because I'm arrogant, a bit conceited and a little too smart for my own good.

    But in all fairness, that's a personality fault that I freely admit to having and I usually stay out of the topics where I know I'm ignorant on.

    Okey dokey.




    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley


      Current date/time is Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 pm